Why do you need a Separate policy
UMAL does not provide cover for events cancellation. This is a specialist area and we have access to an online quotation facility and can usually get same day quotes.
What Event Insurance Covers:
The policy provides cover for your costs and expenses or revenue following the necessary and unavoidable cancellation, abandonment, disruption or rescheduling of the event for reasons beyond your control and the control of the participants.
Cover is automatically included for the following perils:
- Adverse weather unless the event is taking place outdoors or in a temporary structure. If the event is outdoors or within a temporary structure, adverse weather cover applies if requested and stated in the schedule and attaching endorsements
- Losses resulting from your failure to vacate the venue at the termination of tenancy
- National mourning following the death of head of state or member of the Royal Family below the age of 70 years, and such death occurs 7 days prior to the start date of the event or during the period of event
- Additional costs or charges reasonable and necessarily paid by you to avoid or diminish a loss
Cover Extensions Available At Additional Cost:
- Adverse weather for outdoor events or events in temporary structures
- Civil commotion
- Non-appearance of individuals, groups or teams
- Communicable diseases
- National mourning for over 70’s