When you travel on business in relation to your institution outside your Country of Domicile (or within the Country of Domicile if an overnight stay and/or travel by air is involved) you are covered by our group Travel scheme administered by U. M. Association Ltd. A summary of benefits and the services available is shown below – but please refer to your Insurance Officer or Administrator for the full terms and conditions of the cover.
MEDICAL EXPENSES (excluding within United Kingdom) – up to £10,000,000
Cover not applicable if travelling against medical advice
- £25 Deductible (NB – for claimants using an EHIC to reduce the cost of treatment the £25 deductible will be waived)
- Including Supplementary Travel Expenses up to £15,000
- Including Funeral Expenses up to £10,000 and Repatriation of Remains up to £50,000
- Including Search and Rescue Expenses up to £25,000
- In-patient supplementary benefit outside UK - £50 each 24 hours for up to 1 year
- Medical Expenses in UK for necessary follow-up treatment up to £50,000 (maximum 3 months)
PERSONAL BELONGINGS/BUSINESS EQUIPMENT - up to £10,000/£5,000
- £25 Deductible (Increased to £100 in respect of Business Equipment and 10% of claim (min £25) in respect of laptop computers)
- Emergency Purchases – up to £2,000
- Loss of keys/replacement locks – up to £1,000
- Single Article Limit - £2,500
NOTE: Do not pack money or valuable items in your checked-in luggage when in transit. Retain these as hand luggage.
You must report any loss, theft or damage to either the local Police or, where appropriate, the airline (or other carrier) within 24 hours and obtain a written report.
MONEY - up to £5,000 (Cash Limit - £2,500)
- £25 Deductible
- Credit Card Misuse – up to £3,000 (payable in addition to Money limit)
- Loss of Travel Documents – up to £2,000 (payable in addition to Money limit)
NOTE: You must report any loss or theft to the local Police within 24 hours and obtain a written report.
DISRUPTION – up to £20,000
- Cancellation up to £20,000 - Any reasonable cause outside the control of the travelling Person (prior to departure)
- Curtailment up to £20,000 – Specified causes
- Rearrangement up to £10,000 – Any reasonable cause occurring outside the control of the travelling Person (after departure)
- Travel Delay - £50 for each full consecutive period of 6 hours, up to a maximum of £500, if strike, weather conditions, or breakdown causes delayed departure of your aircraft or other public transport
- Hi-Jack - £100 for each day you are detained (maximum 50 days)
- Includes Domestic Travel Expenses up to £5,000 and Replacement Expenses up to £10,000
PERSONAL INJURY – up to £50,000
- Up to £50,000 payable in the event of accidental death, loss of limb or eye or permanent inability to work again.
- Includes Disability Assistance, Moving Costs, Retraining Expenses and Coma Benefit
PERSONAL LIABILITY – up to £5,000,000
- up to £5,000,000 if you become legally liable to pay damages in respect of accidental bodily injury (which includes death illness and disease) to any person and/or accidental loss of or damage to material property.
- Reimbursement of evacuation expenses up to £50,000 following formal advice to leave the destination country
LEGAL EXPENSES (underwritten by Abbey Legal Protection) – up to £25,000
- up to £25,000 to help you recover damages or compensation from a third party following any event which results in Bodily Injury to you or financial loss suffered resulting from the breach of any travel or accommodation contract
- up to £25,000 to help you in the defence of Criminal Proceedings brought against you
- Legal Proceedings entered into in the USA or Canada are not covered.