Medical Assistance - Intana Global
The medical expenses section of the cover is designed to provide you with advice and assistance should you become ill or sustain injury during your journey abroad. This service is operated by a team of multi-lingual coordinators at Intana Global in the UK, who can be contacted at any time of the day or night, 365 days of the year. Intana Global will decide the most appropriate course of action to help you through an emergency.
Contact Intana Global before incurring any substantial expenses or being admitted as an inpatient at any hospital, clinic or nursing home. Do not arrange repatriation without the prior approval of Intana Global. This Summary will not be recognised as a guarantee of cover or payment by any hospital.
The services available include:
- Advice over the telephone
- Medical repatriation to the most appropriate hospital or to your home address.
- Keeping your family and employer fully informed
- Arranging for up to two relatives or friends to travel out to you – if this is considered medically necessary
- Guaranteeing that your hospital bills will be met
- Arranging repatriation of remains in the event of death (up to £20,000)
To ensure that the assistance services operate smoothly when you need them most, in the event of a medical emergency or if you require repatriation you must:
- Telephone or fax Intana Global in the UK using the number shown below and remembering to use the correct international dialing code from the country in which you are calling
- Quote your Reference, the title of your Institution and your Name.
- Give the telephone number where you can be contacted.
- Give details of anyone you would like to be contacted – relative, friend, employer.
FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN MINOR AILMENTS, PLEASE CONTACT INTANA GLOBAL ON THE FOLLOWING NUMBER:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7902 7405 Fax: +44(0)20 7928 4748 Reference: UMAL/XXX
THE GLOBAL SECURITY CENTRE (GSC)
Recognising the risks staff and students may face when deployed overseas, Control Risks, the leading international security consultancy, provides security advice and support to travellers in addition to the online destination service Travel Security Online.
This security advice and support is provided by the fully equipped Global Security Centre at Control Risks’ Head Office in London. It is manned 24 hours a day by a dedicated team of experienced security consultants, providing assistance with any security and incident management situations that may arise. By registering your journey and contact information – mobile and e-mail, with your department relevant alerts will be communicated to you if they affect your travel. Should you become aware of, or are caught up in, an incident you may call the Global Security Centre for advice and support. The Global Security Centre’s experienced consultants will be able to respond immediately and provide callers with all important reassurance and practical advice. Should you need to use this service whilst travelling, the contact details are:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7939 8658 Fax: +44 (0)20 7970 2234
- Always carry this summary with you.
- Keep a separate record of the telephone and fax numbers above.
- Give details to a travelling friend, relative or colleague just in case you are unable to make the call yourself.